Friday, July 8, 2011

Diabetes Terminology

LOLA!
Blood Sugar--How much sugar is in my blood!  Duhzers!  The normal blood sugar range is btween 80 and 120...  A 400 number is far from normal... 
Pancreas--In my case, a lazy organ that STINKS at its job of giving me insulin.  As you can tell, me and my pancreas are currently not on good terms.

Lola--The new and improved pancreas for me (an insulin pump).  She wears the regal color of purple and does the job of my previously mentioned lazy pancreas.  Go Lola!  P.S. She has her own songs!

Site Change--The daunting (exaggeration) injection of a needle into my body to hook up Lola to me.  I do it typically every three days, and although it sounds bad, I’m a tough chick!  Just ask me!......  “Erin, are you a tough chick?”  “Why yes, Erin!  In fact, I am!  What a kind person you are to ask!”
Test Strip- Strip that I put a dollop of blood on to measure the sugar in my blood.


To Be Continued As Necessary…

No comments:

Post a Comment