Friday, July 8, 2011

A Little About Me, and How This Blog Came to Be (Rhyme!)

To start off, you should know three things about me: my name is Erin Marie, I am going to be 13 years old on July 10th, and I have Type 1 Diabetes.  I have wanted to start this blog for some time now however I never quite got around to it.  Actually, a napkin and bugs got me to really pick up my laptop and get started.  On a vacation I went to recently in Palm Springs (I am addicted to the heat J), the gorgeous place we were staying at had an infestation, and not an infestation of overflowing happiness of being on vacation.  No, not at all.  We had an infestation of millipedes, ants, and many, many cockroaches.  You know what two great things came out of that vacation?  #1 I saw a cockroach in real life for the first time.  #2 I wrote a complaint letter on a napkin about the bugs, cheesy dimming lights, and uncomfortable furniture.  When I wrote that, I remembered how much I love writing.  And I didn't think I could stand a whole summer lacking the sheer comfort and relaxation I find in writing (okay, that's a bit of an exaggeration).  So that's where I am today, writing this blog about my diabetes, my stories, and my life.  I'm a brown-haired girl with brown eyes and an outgoing personality.  I love acting, writing, and my family.  I play soccer, I do gymnastics, and I run several days of the week.  I am very happy I am actually doing this blog, writing and venting, sharing my stories and days with you...  Oh, and to clear up any confusion about the title of this blog, the Me represents me, the D represents my diabetes, and the C represents the cure to this disease, which I hope is in the very near future, to rid me and all you diabetics out there of this diagnosis...



No comments:

Post a Comment