Saturday, July 9, 2011

An Ode to Lucy

Tomorrow is my birthday so I originally figured that I would write a poem about me or something to that effect on this blog.  But whenever I try to write about myself it comes out terrible and just plain weird.  So here I am…writing an Ode to Lucy.  Lucy, my black-haired dog, my schnoodle (schnauzer and poodle mix), my litter mate (okay, we weren’t from the same litter, but we wrestle like little dog sisters).  So here goes my ode, and if any of you reading this blog have a pet, a dog, a schnoodle, please feel free to comment on this posting.
My Lucy is a lover, a lover who loves me.

My Lucy is a runner, a runner who runs with glee.



My Lucy loves to lounge on our (now hers) couch.

My Lucy is a loyal dog, never leaving, valuing our unspoken vouch.


My Lucy is a sweetheart, quite the little cutie.

My Lucy is a black, 12 pound, wonderful beauty.



My Lucy is a big chicken to which a little step would freak.

My Lucy is not a swimmer, for she doesn’t want to lose her preppy-girl chic.



My Lucy is a girl with a beard that drips water all on the floor.

My Lucy is so full of excitement when me and my family burst through the closed door.



My Lucy is the love of my life, I never want to lose her.

My Lucy is a lover, without her it would be an ice age without a single glacier.



I hope you appreciated my Ode to Lucy.  Today I came home to find my cutie schnoodle bouncing around excitedly in her cage.  I let her free and took her outside to do her business and she kept wiggling on back to me.  It was so precious and cute how she just kept kissing my face and jumping on my knees.  I love her so much and hope all of you will share your love for your pets with me.  Dogs fill in the empty gaps in life and make the world go round.  I love my Lucy and nothing will ever change that.


7 comments:

  1. Beuatiful! (sniff) I can tell you love your dog VERY much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how can you not love lucy? JP

    ReplyDelete
  3. by the way happy birthday!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darren, I'm sure Geckens loves you! :) I'm sure he slithers around in his cage in overflowing excitement! And thanks to JP!

    ReplyDelete
  5. JP,

    By the way, I know someone who doesn't love Lucy.

    ...

    ...

    Abby.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Abby loves her Lucy. She always gets excited to see her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. AWWW. I'f only lucy could read this

    ReplyDelete