Friday, July 8, 2011

My Napkin Complaint

A little background information on this napkin complaint: I went on a vacation that I wasn’t happy with so I wrote my problems about it on a napkin in the Palm Springs’ kitchen.  They had a book full of glowing reviews.  Mine--not so glowing.  You may go ahead and read it now…


We decided to make our note separate from your wonderful book (gag) because ours isn’t so nice.  Cockroaches were found once a day, along with millipedes, worms, mosquitoes, and biting ants.  Your cheesy dimming lights were just trying to make a 60 year old house more modern (oh, and by the way, you failed).  Your couch was really uncomfortable and the dining room chairs were more leisurely than the family room chairs (one of them had a lovely rip and stain on it.  Way to go.).  Does someone own an untrained black shedding dog?  Just wondering because I found black hair on practically all the furniture and inside the washing machine.  I’m a dog lover but I don’t believe anyone wants to find the hair of another dog inside the place they are staying.  The pool was lovely except for the dead cockroach swimming in the pool (okay, he wasn’t swimming because he was dead.  Whatever.).  It doesn’t even matter because I couldn’t even see any of the bugs because I was living in the dark.  There were absolutely no lights in the entire house.  You know, I think it’s great you got a deal at the Lamps Plus store around the corner, however don’t you think it’s a little overkill?  Oh, and don’t even get me started on the dishwasher that can’t hold anything.  There’s a big dent on the bottom, making it nearly impossible to open and close.  While we are on the subject of things falling apart, the laundry basket in the twin bedroom is unraveling.  But that’s not my problem…


So, I’m glad I got that off my chest (though I can’t read what I just wrote because it is so freaking dark).  Bless your house and the lovely creatures it houses…



Erin Marie

6 comments:

  1. Hilarious!!!! I love the idea of writing o a napkin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much...and for following me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good vacation. You were able to camp out under a roof at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like living with nature.

    ReplyDelete
  5. JP, I totally agree with you! :)

    ReplyDelete