Thursday, July 21, 2011

Elegantly Green

Green.  That’s the topic of today’s poem.  I really felt like rhyming again today so here it goes…


GREEN

Green, my favorite color.

Green, the color of grass.

Green, the emerald other.

Green, envious, sharp as glass.



The leaves on trees.

The feathers on Sam.

The look of sickened wheeze.

The color grazed by a lamb.



Some love green.

Some hate green.

Some can’t decide.

They are in between.



A primary paint.

A color of jealousy.

A shade that can taint.

A green that makes some look crazy.



Green is cool, calm and collected.

Green is not like any other.

Green is the one that is perfected.

Green is just my favorite color.



I love green, it is the one that rocks.

Agree, with me--if you don’t I won’t stop.

I can go all day long.

Test me out--you will be wrong.



Okay, now I’m the one that wants to stop.

How can I though--it just won’t drop.

I’m going to leave now, make this thing end.

Goodbye for now, goodbye old friend.

2 comments: