Friday, July 15, 2011

What's Up With That?!

I’m sure no one ever wants to go to a doctor appointment, however some more than others.  If you didn’t understand my subtle hint of letting you know that my appointments are worse than most, you figured it out now (…because I just told you J).  The reason for my terrible visits is not because of the finger prick at the end (I do that like 10-12 times per day).  No, that’s not my problem at all.  My problem is the doctor herself.  She’s a quick-witted, dark-haired bully.  Yep, you heard right.  My own doctor is a bully.  Now, I came up with the perfect answer to one of her questions about bullying.  Next year, when she says, “Are you being bullied by anybody?”  I will politely answer, “Yes, sadly I am.  And she’s in this room right now.”

This doctor is a very thorough one, which is the only reason we have stayed with her.  However, her jabs every five minutes sting.  Almost to the point that I want to cry.  Yes, cry.  If she asks you a simple question like what your favorite color is (in a fast and slurred manner) and you don’t answer within at least two seconds, you get reamed for it.  If you take a second to count how many months until your next birthday, you will get pummeled (um…who really counts down the months before your birthday when you’re over five years old?).  If you don’t understand a question and want her to repeat it, she laughs it off and thinks you are not paying attention to her (or maybe I just didn’t hear the question!  Goodness gracious, woman!).  Not only was my doctor being her usual rude self today, but the nurse who checked my height and weight at the beginning was not pleasant either (oh and by the way, I grew 1.78 centimeters in a year when I’m supposed to grow 5!  Yay me and my non-growingness!  I know it’s not a word, but just go with it).  For one thing, this nurse talked really soft and quiet so I had no clue what she wanted me to do next.  But another, when she laid out the paper gowns, my sister got the normal blue one that everyone gets, however I received a white robe with ducks, butterflies, and insects scattered on it.  Really?!  A thirteen year old gets the three year old gown?  Of course, I once again was discriminated against because of my size.  At my own doctor’s office!  A place where I am supposed to feel comfortable, not on edge about my crazy doctor and mindless nurse!  What a joke of a place, huh?  Yeah, so it wasn’t a great day at the doctor’s office, but right after I got to go to my gymnastics class I attend every Friday. 

I love gymnastics, though I don’t do it competitively.  I go once a week, just for the sheer joy and excitement that comes from performing a round-off double back-handspring (which I did today!).  The two coaches that run my class are hilarious and super fun.  So the ending to my day was a victory, considering the fact that the start sort of sucked (thanks to you, my fellow doctor).  I went to Rubio’s after and had a delicious fish taco.  YUM!  My doctor’s just a weird one, whom you will never be able to change.  Darn!  That’s really a shame she’s like the only good doctor in the area.

2 comments:

  1. you and somebody we know should get together and write a book. you both have tons of material.

    ReplyDelete