Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The Disney Pixar Classics

Who doesn’t love the adventure, the thrill, the warm and fuzzy emotion the audience feels when they watch yet another Disney Pixar movie?  Today, my warm and fuzzy feeling came from the new Cars 2 I saw today with my sister.  The plot of this new animation was that Lightning McQueen entered the Grand Prix, racing against Francesco Bernoulli, an arrogant and talented Italian racer.  Along with McQueen’s struggle to win this huge race, Mater (McQueen’s screw-up friend) gets into a huge mess involving bad guys, secret agents, and a mysterious car bumper.  I loved this movie today and think it just may have passed the first in entertainment.  Cars 2 was not the usual weak sequel; it surpassed my expectations greatly.

Another Pixar movie, Finding Nemo, was something that had never been done before.  A heartwarming flick that gathered all eyes to it was what this classic did.  Nemo was a brave and independent little fish who wanted to show off to the others in his school.  He treaded dangerous water that took him to a fish tank in a dental office.  A fish-abuser was just days away from bringing Nemo home (or to his death).  His father, Marlin, was worried sick about his little boy and set off on a miraculous journey to find him, with a little help from his new friend Dory.  Finding Nemo is the movie I think of when someone asks me what my favorite Disney classic is, along with Monsters, Inc.

Monsters, Inc. always used to get my mind going when I watched it, making my brain wonder if there really were monsters in my closet who scared little children for a living.  But Sully, the scariest monster in town, is a big softy at heart.  We dig up this new personality when we see Sully and Mike Wazowski find a little girl we all know as Boo.  Although Mike is set on getting her home and out of their lives, Sully becomes in love with the little girl and the joy she brings to his life.  This movie is not like any other, with its alter world full of monsters.  This is loaded with creativity, just like all three Toy Story movies.

Toy Story, Toy Story 2, and Toy Story 3 all were winners in my eyes.  They emanated a happy glow and made everyone, including me, ponder the thought that maybe their own huggable bear came alive when all was quiet.  Woody, a family-oriented cowboy, became jealous of Buzz Lightyear in the first movie, but by the third they were great friends.  The toys in this movie all have unique features and contagious personalities.  We all cried near the end of the third movie (I won’t tell why in case of readers who haven’t seen it), and we all laughed when we realized who the rescuers turned out to be (again, I  won’t say who).  These three movies are all original, pulling our hearts every which way, wondering what is going to happen next.  The creators of this movie did an absolute excellent job of captivating their audiences, and making me never want the toys’ little stories to end.

As the previews started before my movie today, I was struck with minor disgust at the little creativity left in the world after these great classics.  A third Alvin the Chipmunks movie is coming out this Christmas in of course 3D, along with a third Transformers flick, and Winnie the Pooh.  My point is that the only movies created these days are either based on a book, or are the second or third in a sequence.  I know that Toy Story had three movies, but they were all original and they were all fantastic.  My belief is that we should get new ideas into the movie spectrum, something that hasn’t been created before.  Even Monte Carlo, the movie I saw on my birthday and liked, was a plot that has been done many times before.  I am going to consider becoming a screenplay writer because I obviously love to write and I think that the world could use some fresh ideas.  It’s always really cool for me to see a new director or film creator devise an amazing movie with new, unused ideas.  That’s who I may want to become someday, someday when I am doing what I love for a living, when I can say proudly, to anyone who asks, that I am a writer.  And that that new movie, is mine.

3 comments:

  1. I loved toy story too. It brought out the kid in me. you should reach for the stars, you have the talent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWWWWWWW!!!! I don't even know what to say to that other than you ROCK!!! Thank you so much for commenting and taking the time out of your day to read it! You have no idea how much that means to me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should totally become an author or a movie writer. You have amazing talents and should get a job( when your older, not now) that uses them and is fun.

    ReplyDelete