Thursday, August 18, 2011

Erin Marie Transformed--Now Kanye West

Run-over.  Bulldozed.  Completely pummeled by the new school year.  Terrible, absolutely terrible.  This afternoon, I had to go to my school and pick up the registration packets.  It wasn’t a long line, not at all.  It took a mere five minutes (and four of them were spent listening to the person in front of me asking question upon question upon question.  No offense, but how much does a parent volunteer really know.  I wouldn’t guess a whole lot).  The whole wait, I was thinking of my eighth grade year ahead of me.  To my left, I saw my homeroom from last year.  It is real sad to think that the summer is almost gone.  Vanishing like the cute girl in a magic trick.  Wiped clean from my life like letters on a white board.  Oh shoot, I just said white board.  You know what that reminds me of?  Yep, you got it.  School.
Today I was flipping through my yearbook, and became overcome with sadness.  I read through all of my signatures, and wished it was the end of the year again.  The end of the year is such a happy time, a joyous time where all the people you know, all the friends you made write in their signatures.  I love it.  But I have quite some time until I get to do that again.  What a shame.

It is absolutely ridiculous that my short, not even 5 feet self will be going to HIGH SCHOOL in ONE year.  I can’t even wrap my head around it, it’s so insane.  I thought middle school was a big step but high school is huge.  The biggest step I’ve taken in my life so far.  But let’s just focus on my summer and what’s left of it.  Much better topic.

On Tuesday, I am going to a Taylor Swift concert.  I am so excited!  I’ve been to a few mini concerts, but I can’t remember them.  I was too little. I do recall a little bit of an Aaron Carter concert, but not much.  I’m crazy excited to see Taylor.

As soon as I get there, the claws are coming out.  I will elbow, push, shove, punch, kick, and scratch, do anything possible, to get to the front where Taylor Swift will be singing.  Anything.  I will even pull out my pepper spray.  Pepper spray.  Crazy, right?  Yep, it is.  But I don’t care.

Once I get to the front, a bee will not land right plop on my nose.  Instead a butterfly will flutter near my eyes.  Assuring me of what it is I have to do.  I have to jump up onto the stage and do what it is I was meant for: meet Taylor Swift and upstage her with my beautiful voice (which always seems to be hiding…  Huh.  You might start to think that I don’t even have a beautiful voice…  Weird).  I’m going to be like Kanye West and kick her off the stage.  And even when the security guards march towards me and try to carry me off, I will fight them and take Kanye’s crazy charade one step further.  And just when Taylor herself is trying to steal back the microphone, I am going to disconnect my site, push a couple of buttons on Lola and spray insulin right into her eye.  Yeah, pretty skilled, huh?  That’s what I thought.

Now hopefully you realize that none of this is really going to happen.  That would be so wicked if I had the strength to do that, let alone the nerve.  But it’s really going to be a fun day.  And I cannot wait.

Oh and by the way, I did not dream about bees last night!  But I did have nightmares about spiders.  I found another one right by my bed as I was getting ready.  Sure was pleasant.  Yep, real nice.

3 comments:

  1. What is it with you and bugs. You sure are a magnet. I know you will have a great time at the concert. Is it in Orange County or LA? What pray tell Erin Marie are you going to wear? You only have five days to decide.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Security will have a problem with the crowd if they take you off. Taylor would love to have you do a duet with her.

    Have fun at the concert!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahaha! What is up with me and bugs! Thanks, guys.

    ReplyDelete