Thursday, August 11, 2011

Universal Happiness :)

It was not like any other place.  It was my first time there.  It was amazingly fun.  All of yesterday, I was riding rides, watching shows, and hiking up massive stairs.  All taking place at Universal Studios.
I went there for my friend’s birthday party and it can be summed up with just one word: unbelievable.  We started the day off with a tram ride that was almost forty-five minutes long.  Not boring one bit.  It was packed from the first minute to the last with tours of real sets on TV, a phony but super realistic-looking train station flood, and a crazy-awesome King Kong 3D experience.  There were even a couple points in the middle of the ride where the lady explaining everything had to keep quiet because REAL filming was going on.  It was incredible. 
After that, we strolled over to The Simpsons ride which was like Star Tours at Disneyland.  But it was much, much different than Star Tours.  Made me real dizzy and queasy at the beginning.  You feel like you’re going upside down, veering to the left and right.  My favorite part, as I made very clear to all of the people in the car on the way home, was when the cart swung into Maggie’s enlarged mouth.  The room suddenly smelled like baby powder.  One of my favorite smells ever.  The second time I went on this ride, later in the day, I started sniffing the air prematurely.  I wanted to be sure I wasn’t going to miss the smell. I have no clue what it is about it that I just love, but I do.
I was so proud of myself that I went on The Mummy ride, being probably the scariest ride there.  In fact, I went on it three times.  It was super fast, super scary and super short.  The first time I went on it, I was completely shocked when it ended within just two minutes of it starting.  “That’s it?” I remember saying when we rolled back to the entering and exiting area.  I felt extremely special when the crew members applauded me for surviving the daunting Mummy ride.  I was so proud.
We went to several shows after the rides including Terminator, Waterworld (my favorite!), Special Effects, Animal Actors and Shrek 4D.  All of the shows were amazing but I came home nearly 10:30 and went to bed almost midnight (I had to tell my mom all that went on that day…  It took a long time!)  I woke up at 6:00 that morning to make sure I had enough time to get ready and paid for it later by being exhausted.  And I am tired once again!  I’m going to sleep now so see you later, Terminators!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a blast. I so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just visited one of my favorite places in CA. I'm glad you liked it too.

    ReplyDelete