Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Par-tay Time

I can’t even begin to tell you how amazing last night was.  The Taylor Swift concert was absolutely awesome.  Covergirl samples and coupons were being given out at every corner.  I even received a random bracelet with the words, “Lights Over Paris” on it as we were waiting outside to be let in.  I will go into all the detail about what happened at the concert a little bit later.  But let’s just start on the ride over.
The car ride should have been 2 hours.  It should have been long and grueling.  It should have been endless.  But it was the exact opposite.  It was an hour long that felt like 20 minutes.  Listening to Taylor Swift in the background, I played Go Fish! and Crazy Eights (which was over within two minutes because Erin Marie here is a Crazy Eights whiz).  Before I knew it, the arena popped up into view, making me super anxious.  That was also about the time I felt low and popped a glucose tab.  Something about long car rides.  They always make my numbers drop.  I have no clue as to why.

After donating some money to a charity, taking the “Lights Over Paris” bracelet, and happily grabbing a free Covergirl lipstick tube, we finally could go inside.  Where I felt low once again.  I just took a glucose tab and continued on with our exploration.  After eating a hot dog at our seats, we milled around, surveying the Covergirl makeup stations, the picture boards of Taylor Swift (which all gave a clear view of Taylor’s armpit…  Weird thing to notice, but it was hard not to when you were supposed to stand there for a picture).

We then stopped at a Wetzel’s Pretzels stand and I ate the best soft pretzel I’ve ever had.  So delicious this big, old thing was.  Yum.

After my belly was satisfied, my young teenage mind was ready for the loud music performed live by Taylor herself.  What an amazing performer she is.  And I didn’t just see Taylor Swift.  I also saw…

Wait for it.

Almost there.

Be patient.

……….

Justin Bieber.

But sorry, for the Beliebers out there (something I wish I made up but didn’t L), I don’t like Justin Bieber.  Lo siento.  But the night was amazing anyway, and there’s just no other way to explain it.

Wish me luck for my school picture tomorrow!  Thanks!

3 comments:

  1. That must've been fun, but you really need to be ready for pictures. I have one tip that will make any picture better. It is.....

    To smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a great time. Who is Justin
    whooooooooooo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahaha! Great tip, Darren! :) I did have a great time! Thanks, Jp!

    ReplyDelete