Sunday, August 7, 2011

Stop With the School Sales!


Target, I hate.  Staples, I hate.  J.C. Penny’s, I hate.  Any other store that has already started to advertise and sell school supplies and clothes, I hate.  It’s August…7th for crying out loud and they’re already starting to sell this stuff.  It makes me depressed, depressed that my eighth grade year is going to start soon.   I know I still have a month left, but a month is not enough.  I want to have more days to just relax, not worry about anything, watch television.  But soon enough, it will be the first day of school again and I will swing right back into routine.  Darn.  Summer used to feel long, never-ending, boring.  That was when I didn’t have as much work as I currently do.  Now summer feels short, not long enough to recharge my brain again.  There are many things I do like about school though, the friends, the routine.  But summers are unforgettable.

Currently as I am typing, I am watching the movie Transformers.  Sorry to the fans out there, but I am not a fan.  My sister and my dad absolutely love it, think it’s the greatest thing next to sliced bread.  My mom and I have…other opinions.  We think it’s stupid, plain and simple.  We think the second is stupid and long, plain and simple.  And I just didn’t even watch the new third one, plain and simple.  I mean what did I expect, it was made after a children’s toy.

On the topic of movies, the book I am currently reading is going to be a movie this Friday.  It is titled The Help.  It is an amazing book but I have about 250 pages left!  I have to get it done before I see the movie, and I am pretty busy this week.  Monday through Friday this week only, I have a volleyball camp.  I am pretty excited because when we played volleyball in P.E., I had a lot of fun.  Hopefully it’s going to be fun.  Also on Wednesday, I am going to a birthday party.  The place we’re going to, I’ve never been so I’m excited.  That whole day I will be gone and therefore will not be reading.  And, my favorite TV show is on tonight at 8:00, soon, and I can’t read then.  I really have to crank this book out, get it done, watch the movie, and then enjoy every last day of my summer.   My favorite people right now are the ones who convince me that we still have a lot of time left.   Thanks to those people.  But the other people, the ones who make me want to go back to the beginning of my summer, I don’t like those people.  Whatever.  I knew it was going to end sometime, that time is coming.  I still have about four weeks…that’ll be enough.  Now I’m going to read a little before 8:00 so bon jour!  And see you later alligators!

1 comment:

  1. Just try to enjoy the rest of your summer. It sounds like you have a lot of fun left. Look at it this way, pretty soon costco will have christmas trees at the warehouse. Happy Holidays.

    ReplyDelete