Sunday, August 21, 2011

My Side, the Real Side, of the Story

My fault?  That’s what my big sister, my litter mate Erin, said on this blog?  No way.  It was all her.  And I, a 12 pound proud black schnoodle, plan to prove this to you right here, right now. 
It all started when Erin just had to take my water.  It is deliciously flavored with grape, something I love.  Erin knows I have a serious passion for these “special waters”, which is why it is just so vain that she would purposefully drink one in front of me.  I mean, can you believe it?  Can you believe that my own sister, the girl who I grew up right next to, would taunt me like that just because she has opposable thumbs?  You may not believe it because she acts all sweet and innocent on this blog, but let me tell you.  There is nothing sweet and innocent about my sister.

What did she expect me to do anyway?  She dropped a perfectly good bottle cap on the ground.  Was I just supposed to sit there and wait while she bends down and grabs it, out of my reach. Noooooo.  I’m supposed to take it and run off with it dangling out of my mouth.  That’s what dogs like me do.  It’s in the rule book, at least I think it is.  I can’t read.

This was how she punished me...  Embarrassing...
After I snatched it up, I dashed off down the stairs, which is the best part.  The part where Erin chases me.  That’s all she’s really good for anyway, chasing me, playing with me, tossing my ball around. 

When I heard a big grunt, and heard Erin wail, “LUCY!”, I figured it was safer for me to stay downstairs, where Daddy was trying to get the cap out of my mouth.  I didn’t budge it open one bit, even when Dad tried to pry my mouth open.

“Whaddya got there, Lucy?” he said to me, but since I’m, um, a dog, I couldn’t answer.  And if I opened my mouth to bark at him, the cap would fall out.  Quite the dilemma, the conundrum (I stole that word from Erin…  I guess she’s useful for something else.)

“The darn dog stole the cap to my water bottle and it spilled everywhere!  Ugh,” Erin growled from upstairs.  I knew I really didn’t want to go up there now.  All I wanted was some of that wonderful water.  And my plan was perfect because no one really got mad at me, and when I finally got the nerve to waltz back upstairs, the chair and carpet smelled amazing.  Amazing!  I need to try this more often…

Oh crap.  Erin’s coming.  Got to get off the computer.  And by the way, don’t tell her I exposed her on her own blog.  Wow.  I sound really powerful and impressive now.  Go Lucy.

2 comments:

  1. My money is on Lucy. I can't believe she is trying to blame that cute little ball of fur. Shame on her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! What's up with that, sister?

    ReplyDelete